Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cartographic Skills: Orientation - Short Introduction

Me at Pikes Peak, elevation 14,114 feet. 

Hello and welcome to my GIS blog. My name is Brittany and I am going to briefly introduce myself. I am currently living in Aurora, CO. I have a BS in biology from FSU and a MA in anthropology from FAU. As a graduate student my research focused on the scaling relationships in the facial structure of Paranthropus and other hominins. Other areas of interest are dental anthropology, bioarchaeology, and paleopathology. Lately, I have felt myself being pulled in the direction of archaeology and cultural resource management. Between job applications, volunteer positions, and other groups I am involved with I have noticed an increasing demand for GIS know how and experience. This led me to conclude that a certification was best for my career so here I am. [Also, I really enjoy learning and if I could afford to be a student for the rest of my life then I would.] Upon completion of this certificate program I hope to start working either as a consultant or for any number of government agencies. I cannot wait to translate the knowledge from this and subsequent courses into a full time career. 


Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little bit about me. I invite you to check out my Esri Story Tour for a glimpse into my weekly happenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment