Tuesday, April 19, 2016

GIS Internship: GIS Portfolio

     I have considered a personal website before and this was just the push I needed to commit to one. My portfolio gives me the chance to showcase my progress in UWF's Online GIS program to date. Those visiting my website can learn about me, download and review my resume and curriculum vitae, and peruse maps produced throughout the program. It is also possible to contact me via the contact page. I plan on continuously adding to and modifying my website. In particular, I plan on adding a page about my volunteer position at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science in Education Collections and other hobbies (like ceramics/pottery, embroidery, and nature photography). In fact, save the pictures of me, all the images I took on hikes or during fieldwork.   
     In putting together this portfolio I reflected on my time in the certificate program. I learned an incredible amount in the last year. Not only about making maps and GIS analysis, but about myself (career goals, time management skills). The volume of what I learned made it hard to choose what aspects of my work to highlight. I wanted to include every map I made in my portfolio. Each assignment taught me a new skill or required me to problem solve and consider map design. I still have two more courses left in the program but I hope those that visit my portfolio can see how much I enjoy GIS and map-making. 
     I provided a hyperlink above but in case this link is damaged, my site can be visited at: http://bburdgis.wix.com/bburd

No comments:

Post a Comment